PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY NORTH DAKOTA, specializing in OIL FIELD ACCIDENTS
Relentlessly fighting for the rights of accident victims.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, you know that giving up is not an option. Brent S. Schafer understands the immense responsibility he has in helping his clients heal and move on to live a fulfilling life. That is why he has earned a reputation for his tenacity in pursuing justice and fair settlements for his clients. Brent S. Schafer will not stop fighting until you have the best possible outcome.
Mr. Schafer has successfully handled a wide variety of personal injury cases, including North Dakota oil field accidents. The oil industry is relatively new to the state and has quickly created a boom economy, giving rise to countless jobs and opportunities that support many families. However, the Bakken oil and gas fields can also be dangerous. When oilfield workers suffer injuries, Mr. Schafer explores every option to help them obtain the compensation they deserve. He has an extensive understanding of the different types of oil field accidents as well as comprehensive litigation experience in this area.
Whatever the nature of your injury, Brent S. Schafer has the legal knowledge and determination to get you positive results.
Seek help from an accomplished oilfield accident lawyer in North Dakota.
When companies cut corners and sacrifice safety to increase oil product, they put workers unnecessarily at risk. The Schafer Law Firm pursues justice relentlessly on behalf of victims tragically injured or killed in the North Dakota oil and gas fields. The firm’s clients include:
- Gas and oil rig employees
- Gas and oil drilling well employees
- Members of the public injured due to gas company negligence
With more than 20 years of experience, Mr. Schafer has the necessary skills to fight for the rights or injury victims and their families.
Types of accidents in the North Dakota oil fields.
Oil and gas field accidents such as blowouts can cause fatal burn injuries and other injuries. Accidents caused by heavy equipment and defective parts can result in catastrophic injuries and head injuries to roughnecks, truck drivers and other workers. Often, companies racing to extract the oil and gas from the ground do not follow safety standards. As a result, in the North Dakota Bakken oil and gas fields, workers and nearby residents face an elevated risk of serious injury and death from:
- Gas truck accidents
- Gas and oil explosions
- Exposure to toxic chemicals
- Heavy equipment accidents
- Tool pusher accidents
- Drilling rig accidents
- Gas field accidents
These events can cause a range of catastrophic injuries, such as:
- Broken bones — Severe fractures can result in permanent impairment.
- Burns — Third degree burns are disfiguring and diminish tissue function, leaving the victim vulnerable to deadly infections. Painful procedures such as skin grafts are necessary to restore health, but in many cases, amputation of injured limbs is necessary.
- Dismemberment — Loss of limb leads to permanent disability.
- Brain injuries — Concussive force or a foreign object penetrating the cranium can damage brain tissue, diminishing motor function, speech and memory. Mood swings and personality changes are also common.
- Spinal cord injury — Nerve damage anywhere along the spinal column can cause permanent paralysis below the point of injury.
These types of injuries are life-altering and require compensation for the lifetime of the victim.
The Schafer Law Firm, P.A. accepts oilfield injury cases on a contingency fee basis. Therefore, you pay no legal fees until we recover compensation for you. With more than 20 years of experience, Mr. Schafer has the necessary skills to fight for the rights of injury victims and their families.